Search This Blog

Jan 22, 2010

Appreciation

I lack the opportunity, and maybe skills to tell how much I appreciate and value every one of my colleagues. But I do appreciate, and notice a lot of good things, even though I sometimes fail to acknowledge every one. When I walk the hallways and look into someone's classroom, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude to all of you who stand there and teach all these students, day in and a day out. When students trickle in with their problems, and I see one of our staff members talking to them, helping figure out problems, listening to each individual story – I have the same feeling. You all are really needed, and I am very much humbled by what you all can accomplish. When someone steps in quietly, and picks up a task, just because it is needed to be done – I know I am in the right place, and with the right people.

No profound truths this time, just a report on the internal life of your Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment